Smokey tandoori flavour
curry spice shop
curry spice shop

Thread: Smokey tandoori flavour

Default Smokey tandoori flavour

Hi all,

This is my first post in here so please go easy on me.

I have been cooking my own Indian food for 10 years and have recently ( in the past 2 years ) stumbled across the Glasgow Indian takeaway recipe book and more recently ( last week ) CBM's recipes books.

I must say these guys have nailed recipes and I have produced so fine tasting curries.

One thing I still cannot clamp down is the smokey earthy taste that you get from chicken tikka / tandoori chicken that I can taste at our local curry houses. ( Cumbernauld just outside Glasgow )

I have been cooking in tandoor ovens since 2007, my first being homemade, second a puri stainless steel one and now I have settled on 2 Shaan tandoori full size one of which is LPG and the other charcoal.

I really thought that the flavour I am missing was something to do with the tandoor itself but still I cannot nail it.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to achieving this goal as I have tried various combinations over 10 years with no luck.

The closest I have come was cooking chicken tikka along with seekh kebab which produced a lot of smoke from the fat dripping onto the coals but surely this can't be the only way to get that flavour.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Andy.
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!

Hi Admiral.
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Here is a link to the subject of the smokey taste http://www.secretcurryrecipes.com/cu...olved)-Perhaps Hope this helps?

Happy Cooking
    Ray
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!