For this base gravy you will need
10 dutch onions peeled and quartered
4 tablespoons of garlic paste
4 tablespoons of ginger paste
1 large carrot peeled and chopped
1/4 head of cabbage
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced
400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons of mix powder
1/2 bunch of coriander stalks
4 tablespoons of vegetable ghee
250ml veg oil
1. Add the oil to a stock pan and turn on the heat.
2. Add the onions, bell peppers, carrot and cabbage and fry for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. (Do not burn the ingredients)
3. Add the garlic and ginger paste and add water to cover the vegetables
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, coriander, cover with a lid and bring to the boil
5. Add the veg ghee to a pan, place on the heat. Once the ghee is melted add the mix powder and cook for 30 seconds. Then pour into the stock pot
6. After about 60 minutes make sure the onions are melting (breaking down) and remove from the heat.
7. Blend the contents until smooth and add any water to make the gravy like runny soup.