Spice Grinder - Page 2
curry spice shop
curry spice shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spice Grinder

Unless you need two grinders Paul, I'd put the money into a better 'burr' grinder. That'll be the best for spices.

KP(v)
    Last edited by King Prawn; 01-11-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Hi KP,

I was looking at burr grinders on Amazon as I'd ruled out a bladed grinder due to my last one performing poorly as a spice grinder. But reading the reviews of the 2 blade Krupps, loads of people seem to be very happy with them for spice grinding. I don't know which one to go for really

Cheers,

Paul
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!

Hi all, I've been thinking of a grinder recently, but always wondered which one. Now you Have mentioned the differences produced in the end meal, it almost seems a must have bit of kit. Am I right in assuming that restaurants grind their own too?

Gateshead; A road to and from Newcastle and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasone65 View Post
    Hi all, I've been thinking of a grinder recently, but always wondered which one. Now you Have mentioned the differences produced in the end meal, it almost seems a must have bit of kit. Am I right in assuming that restaurants grind their own too?
    All the takeaways I know of use packet spices Jasone. Chances are, most restaurants do the same.

cheers,

Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Hi,
    I have an ancient Moulinex and it is still going strong. It once got wet and jammed up, so I drilled a small hole in the casing, sprayed in WD-40 and left it for 30 minutes before firing it up - literally, as it happens, because the WD-40 ignited with a bang and a tongue of flame shot out the hole.
    Don't try that at home kids....
    Welcome to the site, by the way.
    Ferret
    Ferret,

So what your saying is that you converted your Moulinex into a Rocket

I have used a moulinex for about 20 years bought for 17 from the co-op.
    The lid safety mechanism started playing up a few years ago and I accidentally took the lid off while it was grinding. Spices went everywhere
    It seems to be Ok now. Maybe a whole piece of spice got lodged and fooled the safety latch.
    Anyway I wouldn't be without one as they are so quick and it allows me to buy whole spices and I understand that whole spices last longer in your store cupboard.

Hi, new Member.. thought I would reboot the spice grinder topic. I see the last post was 2008. Hopefully things have moved on a bit now. What's every one using now, I guess you need your spices to be ground fairly fine, or the curry will be grainy.
    Some one mentioned a burr grinder has any one got one. I imagine they are expensive. What's The current general consensus on spice grinders at the moment?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12