Healthy Diet Section
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Healthy Diet Section

Would anyone be interested in a section on the forum for people seeking a healthier diet? The obvious starting point would be low-cal, because there are several of us who have had to take a sabbatical from the curry cooking recently on doctor's orders (or is that wives' orders?).
    There might also be some scope for low-carb recipes, and my doc is always banging on at me to reduce salt.
    Also, I was talking only yesterday to a friend who has been diagnosed with coeliac, and her shopping bill has gone through the roof because she has to travel 75k, or shop on the internet, for her special needs. I said I would research which Indian dishes she can eat, and she has asked me to teach her to cook them at home.
    If you think this is a good idea, post away on this thread with any recipes or ideas. If it starts to take off, I'll talk to Andy and Anne about whether it warrants a section of its own (if one doesn't already exist, of course - it wouldn't surprise me).
    Cheers,
    Ferret
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!

I think it's a great idea Tim. I'm sure there will be a heap of people very interested in this.
    A lot of people seem to think a "healthy diet" is purely aimed at people with weight problems. That's just not the case. I'm certain there will be many RCR members who'd be able to give valuable input to the section you are suggesting, with info on allergies etc.
    hope this takes off neeb.

Anyone wanting a healthy curry should look into 'Curry Slim' by a woman appropriately named 'Tiny'.

It uses no oil. :-0

KP(v)

Healthy all the way i'd say.... made a post on another thread about a soup I had in a restaurant recently... simply veggie soup with curry powder added.. tasted great,,,, if u made it at home that is... (rubbish in the restaurant).. not too sure how to take it all the way using spice mixes though... think it would be great as a quick fix... a bit like healthy pot noodles.... .. think id probably use left over soup though.. hmmm, then again... maybe i'd much prefer to just have fresh soup with none of the curry powder and just use the curry powder to add to shop bought soup.. I think to only way is to just eat more apples and bananas...

scobie242 is offline Senior Member Supreme Curry Master

Great idea Tim,

Scobie

Red face

Yes I think it would be a great idea,iv'e put on a lot of weight and i could do with a bit of help---------HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by bettyboo View Post
    Yes I think it would be a great idea,iv'e put on a lot of weight and i could do with a bit of help---------HELP!

Away ye go Betty!! Ye were like 3 ply reek when I met you!!!

sced is offline Senior Member Curry Master

Good idea Ferret, i have had reasonable success in the past using very small amounts of oil, and even 0 % oil, i must say i think less oil smaller portion sizes, and limit the amount of curries eaten per week is a good way to go,
    Pete

AnneLennon is offline Consulting Member Supreme Curry Master

I too think it's a great idea and I'm happy to set up a new section on the forum if you want to go ahead with this. Just let me know if you do, along with some info on whether you want it just as one all-in-general section or whether you want it split into areas, and if so which areas you think would be appropriate.

Anne
    Copyright 2007 - 2016

Hidden Content

For me I think an all in one section would be best, not too complex to find anything.

betty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast