which dish do you find the most difficult?
curry spice shop
curry spice shop

Thread: which dish do you find the most difficult?

Default which dish do you find the most difficult?

to replicate from the bir's?

with me it's jalfrezi
    can't explain the difference, but my other favourite which is vindaloo i prefer to the restuarants

i've noticed though that the jalfrezi seems to differ more between different bir's much more than the vindaloo

the best curry i remember eating was a jalfrezi, and seemed different to the ones i make from this website, not hugely different, but just something about it i can't describe from this restuarant in kent (tell me if you've been here)

http://www.devansoft.co.uk/page/shozna
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!

Don't seem to have much trouble with the melting base recipes, i find the jalfezi particularly comes out pretty close, but i can't get the hang of naan breads at all

Cheers, Chris

scobie242 is offline Senior Member Supreme Curry Master

I agree with you there Chris the naan's take a bit of mastering.
    Scobie

I totally agree - the naan has taken me a couple of years to perfect, and it's still a big performance with blow torches (especially since the decommissioning of the Sizewell B Tandoor in my back garden. A very sad tale....)
    But Jal Frezi - no worries there. It's one of my most reliable recipes.
    If you're not quite getting the same result as your favourite takeaway chef, you know the answer: get into his kitchen and ask him (if you haven't already done so).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Ferret,

Sad to hear of the decommissioning of the Sizewell B Tandoor. What caused that?

I owe you a PM too.....just been clearing out my in box from the recent mails and noticed I owe you one. Not curry related so will be in touch this week sometime....

As for the naan, would you care to elucidate on your current method? I must admit it's been a year since I last did them at home. Waitrose and M&S are really quite good!.......

KP(v)