Another Melting Base Bhuna - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Melting Base Bhuna

Quote Originally Posted by Milesy @ Sat 29 Dec, 14:52
    The one thing I do notice though.... My hands, clothes and hair smell really smoky and spicey, and the taste is still lingering quite sharply in my mouth. I dont ever get that with the usual home currys.
    Welcome to the club .

CC
    I posted on Real Curry Recipes so can you!

IanR is offline Senior Member Supreme Curry Master

Default Re: Another Melting Base Bhuna

Quote Originally Posted by Milesy @ Sat 29 Dec, 21:04
    Hi folks.

I can only think that because I used liquid oil, a tablespoon is a lot less than a rounded tablespoon of unmelted ghee? maybe? And the dish did not have the same methi burst from it either... not pressing it into the oil enough maybe?

Chris
    This could be an important point. With the melting base recipes I have always used the specified amount of ghee after it has been melted. Which will obviously not be the same amount as what Milesy has done. I have also found that this makes it quite difficult during the cooking process as the ingredients tend to paste together before the base is added.

Andy - can you please confirm if the measurement in the recipes is after the ghee is melted or before

Ian

Itís absolutely correct that Rice Bran Oil has high smoke point which is good for deep fry and it is very healthy oil also it is neutral in taste so everyone can enjoy it in any vegetable cooking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12